A solo weekend in Copenhagen - Part two

After a busy Saturday, I had the whole of Sunday to myself so I decided to explore more of the city. I started with a walk to the famous Tivoli Gardens. It's a stunning place, but I have to admit that I felt a little out of place wandering about on my own. A perfect place for families, groups and couples to explore and go on the rides but so much for little old me. I walked around admiring the beautiful flowers for a while, had a play in the silly toilet mirror and bought some quirky postcards and then headed back out into the city. One day I'll go back with a gang of pals or family for a fun day out!


As I made my way back out into the city, I stumbled across the National Museum of Denmark and decided to have a wander. I walked around the history of Denmark exhibition... it was a fascinating maze of history. I felt like I should be taking notes for a school trip as I learnt so much. I left there and made my way back to the centre of the city... through the back streets and around the back of the beautiful Christiansborg Palace.


I headed to Union Kitchen for lunch, just around the corner from the bustling Nyhavn. Mum and I came here for a coffee on our last trip. Such a cool place. People watching a plenty! I then walked back to Nyhavn for some more people watching and an ice-cream in the warm Spring sunshine. 






It was a lovely few days in Copenhagen... I had so much fun teaching my workshop and being a solo tourist again. I can't wait to go back later in the year with Harry! 





2 comments

  1. We spent a few days in Copenhagen a few years ago and loved it - your photos brought it all back, it really is a gloriously photogenic city, isn't it?!

    Cat x
    http://happygoluckycat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! Definitely a city I could live in, so chilled out and so so photogenic! x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top