A solo weekend in Copenhagen - Part one

I flew to Copenhagen in April! I was out there to teach Brush Lettering to a group of beginners. It all came about after speaking with Melanie from Dejlige Days on Instagram. Melanie is a British expat who has lived out there for 8 years and runs a very successful relocation business alongside her blog.

We settled on a date for the class. Unfortunately, Harry couldn't come with me as we were short on cover at our Tea Room. So, it was to be a solo trip! I booked my flights and decided to stay an extra day to get some sightseeing done too. I'd visited Copenhagen last year with my mum in the depths of Winter, so I was looking forward to seeing what Spring time had to offer in the beautiful city. I arrived just after lunchtime and made my way to the hotel to drop off my huge bag. A quick freshen up and I was back out into the city. My first stop was the picturesque tourist hotspot that is Nyhavn. The sun was out and beaming along the harbour, highlighting all of the colourful houses and glistening boats.


I carried on past the harbour and over the bridge to Paper Island ( Copenhagen Street Food. ) I didn't make it over there on my last visit, and after seeing Rick Stein rave about it on his recent TV show, I decided it was a must. It's definitely my kinda place! There are 39 food stalls that all looked top notch. It was around 4pm on a Friday so the place was already busy... bikes stacked outside, beers flowing well and the food smelling incredible. I got myself a feast of crispy potatoes, roasted veggies and a stacked hotdog. So good! I then got a beer, sat outside in the sunshine and watched the world go by. I could've sat there all evening but I had things to prepare for the class and I was pretty tired...
But a fantastic place to hang out on a Friday night in the warm Spring sunshine!


After a good sleep and a big breakfast, I headed out to meet Melanie on the Saturday morning. We headed to the venue for the Lettering workshop. Think.Dk was the place and what a fabulous building! Check out their website for more on what they do... there is something for everyone and they are wonderful people. I felt like an old friend whilst chatting to them on arrival. I got the table ready, welcomed the guests and we got down to some lettering!


Such a lovely group of ladies and a pleasure to teach! I was so pleased with their progress throughout the afternoon and they created some awesome final pieces. 

All that lettering made me hungry so after a quick freshen up at the hotel, I made my way to the famous Meatpacking district. I'd heard great things about the Pizzas at Mother ever since my trip last year, so I decided to give it a go. It's a very popular place and I queued to get a table. I was lucky enough to get a little table in the bar, whilst others waited almost an hour for bigger tables. Travelling solo has its perks! Perfect pizza, a couple of well deserved wines and I was happy!


To be continued...

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top